Women’s Health & Hormone Balancing Acupuncture
Supporting women throughout their healing journey is what I’m most passionate about. By combining Naturopathic Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine, we are able to find the root cause of your concerns, restore you to your full radiance & vitality, reignite your passions, and reconnect you with your soul’s calling.
Acupuncture, moxibustion and fire cupping are particularly helpful in helping women:
- Improve energy
- Reduce stress
- Improve sleep
- Ease feelings of anxiety & depression
- Improve clarity, focus & memory
- Regulate Menstrual Cycles & Balance Hormones: relieve PMS, irritability, painful periods, hot flashes & night sweats
- Support digestive health by relieving constipation, diarrhea and nausea
Fertility, Pregnancy & Pre-Birth Acupuncture
- Balance hormones
- Improve egg quality
- Improve the effectiveness of fertility treatments
- Support your mental health all along the way
Acupuncture in Pregnancy
Acupuncture is a powerful way to support women throughout the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy. I rely on acupuncture to help support pregnant women:
- Through threatened miscarriages and pregnacy loss
- Reduce Nausea & Morning Sickness
- Improve Energy
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Improve Sleep
- Alleviate Heartburn
- Decrease Pelvic, Hip, SI Joint and Low Back Pains
Pre-Birth Acupuncture is a safe and effective way to promote natural labor, and refers to a series of acupuncture treatments in the final weeks of pregnancy to prepare for childbirth by:
- Promoting ripening of the cervix ( softening and dilating )
- Increasing likelihood of going into spontaneous labor around your due dates
- Shortening duration of labor
- Increasing rates of vaginal birth
- Reducing rates of medical interventions
- Reducing anxiety & stress, and increasing a sense of calm
- Treating other late pregnancy symptoms ( such as leg cramps, back pain, insomnia, fatigue, and heartburn )
Pre-Birth Acupuncture is an ideal way for women to prepare themselves to have the most efficient labor possible and is best utilized with a proactive approach.
Mother Warming & Postpartum Support Acupuncture
Mother Warming & Postpartum Support Acupuncture brings you the best of traditional postpartum care so you can transition more gracefully into motherhood. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the first 40 days after birth is a sacred time in which the mother is mothered by her close circle of loved ones, so she can focus on healing, resting, breastfeeding and bonding with her new babe.
I help postpartum women build a strong foundation of resilience that they can rely on when meeting the demands of caring for her newborn that is suddenly the center of her universe by:
- Focusing on nourishing foods & herbs
- Strengthening new mamas with acupuncture & moxibustion
- Supporting new mamas’ mental-emotional health
Imagine having the energy and internal resources you need as a new mama so that you can mother YOUR way confidently, from the heart and surrounded by the support you need.
Acupuncture, moxibustion and herbal medicine are especially helpful for supporting postpartum mamas:
- Improving energy, mood and sleep
- Healing perineal tears and easing perineal tenderness
- Increasing low milk supply, reducing oversupply & fast let downs
- Removing blocked ducts & healing mastitis
- Relieving night sweats
*** Home visits available for new mamas in Squamish, BC
Grief & Loss Support Acupuncture
We all need a soft, safe place to land when we’re moving through the experience of grief – whether you’re grieving a pregnancy loss, the loss of a loved one, or what once was and is not longer. During this appointment, I guide you through a grounding meditation while providing a nourishing acupuncture treatment. I leave lots of time for you after your appointment to discuss anything that you’d like to share and enjoy a warm mug of tea. I also invite you to note SILENT in your online booking if you are not yet ready to share.
I offer Grief & Loss Support Acupuncture in the quiet sanctuary of my downtown Squamish office and as a soothing nature-immersive experience at AIKA Creekside.
My Community Acupuncture Offerings are ideal for individuals who need once or twice weekly acupuncture to support them on their journey through transformation. This offering is specifically designed for individuals who are committed to supporting their mental-emotional wellness; need intensive support for stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia and burnout; and those who are desiring freedom from cravings & addictions.
Community Acupuncture is also perfect for new moms needing to support their postpartum mental health, energy and sleep while remaining hands free to breastfeed and cuddle to their newborn during treatment, or enjoy a mug of warm tea.
Join me for my Community Acupuncture offerings either at my downtown Squamish office or at AIKA Creekside.
AIKA Acupuncture Series
Immersed in the soothing beauty of nature, Dr. Lyndsey Zigar offers both stand alone acupuncture treatments and wellness retreats at AIKA Creekside.
AIKA Acupuncture Series provides a luxurious spa & acupuncture experience unlike any other amongst. AIKA offers cycles of hot wood-fired sauna, cold plunge and rest; followed by individualized acupuncture treatments by Dr. Lyndsey Zigar that combine needling, moxibustion, tuning forks, fire cupping and guided meditation for the ultimate healing experience.
Once your acupuncture treatment is complete you are invited to stay and enjoy the scenic creekside views with tea by the fire or on your own personal patio – charcuterie available upon request.
These acupuncture treatments can be claimed under your extended health benefits as Naturopathic services.