Allow the HEAT and humidity to penetrate deeply, awakening your mind & body, and experience the following adaptive physiological benefits:
- Improved immune system response
- Increased cardiovascular health, performance & longevity
- Detoxification of chemicals and heavy metals
- Arthritic & muscular pain relief
- Increased muscle gain & fat loss
- Skin rejuvenation
- Better sleep
- Increased stress resilience & nervous system regulation
- Improved athletic recovery
Research indicates 15-20 min in the sauna is optimal per repetition ( remember to keep hydrated and do not consume alcohol ).
Safely immerse yourself in a COLD plunge, breathe deeply and relax as you cool down in a calm and controlled environment. The transition from hot to cold is a magical tool for the mind and body with the following benefits:
- Optimized vascular response
- Increased neurotransmitter and hormone levels
- Enhanced thermogenesis
- Flushing the lymphatic system
- Rebalancing the autonomic nervous system
- Lowers blood sugars
- Improved adrenal function
- Supporting thyroid function
- Boosting the immune system
- Improved sleep quality
- Increased pain tolerance
- Reduced inflammation
- Lowers body fat
The duration of time spent in the cold plunge is based entirely on personal preference and your experience with cold water immersion. While research indicates 3 min is optimal, health benefits can be realized with a quick dip.
I invite you to experience these benefits for yourself with your own private wellness retreat curated by Dr. Lyndsey Zigar and AIKA Squamish Valley.
Acupuncture + AIKA
Immerse yourself in a luxurious spa & acupuncture experience unlike any other amongst the natural beauty of the Squamish Valley. AIKA offers cycles of hot wood-fired sauna, cold plunge and rest, followed by individualized acupuncture treatments by Dr. Lyndsey Zigar combining needling and moxibustion for the ultimate healing experience. Once your acupuncture session is complete you are invited to stay and enjoy the scenic views of the Squamish Valley with tea by the fire or on your own personal patio – charcuterie available upon request.
The Acupuncture @ AIKA Squamish Valley experience is currently available on Tuesdays from 10am – 8pm.